Files saved under Microsoft Office can usually only handle Latin characters. In order to work with non-Latin characters (Chinese, Hebrew, Arab), the file has to be saved in another coding (UTF-8). However, this is not possible in Microsoft Office.
Our proposed solution:
- Go to http://docs.google.com (you have to have a Google account)
- Import your Excel file (via 'Upload' -> 'files')
- If you want, you can continue editing your file there.
- To save the file, select 'File' -> 'Download as..' -> 'CSV (current spreadsheet)'
- The new file is now available in the correct encoding for you to import to card2brain.